• welcome
    Welcome to I Solemnly Swear! ISS is an active, literate/advanced Marauders-era roleplay based in the Marauders' sixth year. Please sign up with your character's First and Last name in Titlecase (e.g., Lily Evans).

The beginning of the summer holidays are a much-needed break from the stress of schoolwork, exams, and the like. It has been a difficult year for everyone, what with the dark events happening during term, and the increasing panic and fear outside the school's walls. Now, with a fresh batch of graduates to go face the world, everybody must still be on their guard, because anything might happen, and everyone must be prepared to face it one way or another.

stats
    ROSTER M F
    Gryffindor 7 6
    Hufflepuff 3 6
    Ravenclaw 7 3
    Slytherin 8 5
    Professor 1 5
    Order Member 1 1
    Death Eater 5 1
    Neutral 2 2
    Order Sympathiser 2 3
    D.E. Sympathiser 0 1
    TOTALS 36 33
    credits

skin by darren criss @ atf, caution & shine. toggle cbox by kismet. header code by ring wing..

• member awards

Reply to this topicNew TopicNEW POLL

love, save the empty
Nancy Wilson
 Posted: Jul 26 2014, 11:14 AM
Quote Post

Gryffindor
16 YEARS OLD
Sixth Year
20 GALLEONS
Rep: 0 pts
10 POSTS
N/A

Nancy Wilson
Cursed Girl

Gryffindor

Sixth year

Cursed

pureblood

background

Nancy was born into a very loving home. Unfortunately, though, her troubles started at a very young age. When she was three years old, she stumbled upon a cursed item in her mother's office and as soon as she touched it, she was cursed as well - cursed with bad luck. As a result, her parents became incredibly overprotective of her and shielded her from everything possible. The curse started off small, making her clumsy and forgetful. By the time she was twelve years old, though, something awful happened in the Wilson family. Her father was killed by a dragon and an awkwardness fell between Nancy and her mother, since they were both suspicious that it was because of her curse.

Her trials caused Nancy to develop a tough skin. She was confident enough to not let people bother her, but occasionally they broke through. There were the occasional students that called her things like "jinx" because because things happened around her. She has grown used to it, though, and she tries not to let it bother her. In her fourth year, she began dating a Gryffindor named Levi. This didn't last long, unfortunately, though, because the following summer, he was killed while on vacation with his family in South America. Yet again, Nancy wondered if her curse had anything to do with it. The next year, her mother remarried and her family felt whole again.

friends

I think Nancy would have quite a lot of friends. She is happy and friendly and she absolutely loves to be around people. Also, she is incredibly protective of the people she cares about and will still by them no matter what. And I imagine Nancy could use a shoulder to lean on every once in awhile, even if she doesn't want to admit it.

enemies

Nancy has a very bold personality, so I'm sure there are those that she will rub the wrong way. Also, there definitely needs to be those mean people that call her names! xD

loves

It has been a year since Levi was killed, so I'm sure she's starting to get over it at least a little bit by now. I can see her being a little hesitant to get involved in another relationship, but I'm open to ideas!

PM
^
Maylene Bell
 Posted: Jul 26 2014, 03:14 PM
Quote Post

Gryffindor
seventeen YEARS OLD
SEVENTH year
95 GALLEONS
Rep: 1 pts
258 POSTS
N/A

whooo your first student charrie rily!!! tis exciting :3 okay so let's see:

may & nancy basically may is not a bad person but she's probably too boisterous for her own good and she'd probably be one of the people to call nancy names but like, in a good way??? like not in a hurtful way, she'd just try to make it into a joke rather than be all serious/wary around her, ya know? so like if she sees her coming dowm the hall she might start yelling at people to GET DOWN, THE CURSED ONE IS PASSING THROUGH or like approach her before a quidditch game and be like honey pls dont be there i need to win this thing, which might probably hurt nancy's feelings??? but that's may for you. other than that they'd probably get along if nancy doesn't resent her too much bahah

stefan & nancy stefan is in her year! although it's his twin who's in her house, but i still think they could be easily friends? stefan's really thoughtful and he could be that shoulder to lean on that nancy needs? like he's super protective of people as well and he'd try to be there for her and stuff and he says he doesn't think she's cursed tbh but yeah?

lila & nancy lila thinks nancy needs to chill a little. they'd probably get along because they're both really friendly in general? but i'm just having this mental image of lila like, performing cleansing spiritual rituals for nancy to like, help with her bad luck or whatever. so yeah idk.

--------------------

i could've been a princess
you'd be my king. but no, you let me go.
Once upon a time, we burned bright. Now, all we ever seem to do is fight, On and on. Once upon a time, on the same side, the same game. And why'd you have to go and throw it all on my fame? I could've been a Princess, You'd be my King. Could've had a castle, and worn a ring. But no, you let me go. once upon a time.

PM EMAIL
^
Nancy Wilson
 Posted: Jul 26 2014, 03:51 PM
Quote Post

Gryffindor
16 YEARS OLD
Sixth Year
20 GALLEONS
10 POSTS
N/A

Yes, I've finally jumped on the bandwagon! xD

May and Nancy
I think Nancy would partially appreciate May's attitude towards her or at least the part where she's not afraid to be around her. Occasionally, May's comments might get to her, but I think most of the time, she'd just let them roll off her back. I think the quidditch thing might bother her, so that will be fun. xD So, I think overall, they would get along!

Stefan and Nancy
Awww, what a cutie! ^^ Maybe these two are pretty close? He could be one of the few people that is able to tell when the passing comments really get to her and it could be adorable.

Lila and Nancy
Awww, I like this idea! ^^ I feel like Nancy would be annoyed with the cleansing ritual idea like "Yeah, you think I haven't thought of that before?" but then she'd want to see if it worked. ">>...okay, let's try it."
PM
^
Maylene Bell
 Posted: Jul 26 2014, 04:37 PM
Quote Post

Gryffindor
seventeen YEARS OLD
SEVENTH year
95 GALLEONS
Rep: 1 pts
258 POSTS
N/A

may & nancy excellentttt i know may really needs to check herself bahahaha but like she wouldn't mind being told off about it so like. they're both really blunt? like if nancy told her 'hey cut it out, that was rude' may would take it well, like she wouldn't be offended by it at all

stefan & nancy absolutely!! he'd definitely do that for her (: so yeah they can definitely be close friends

lila & nancy bahahaha lila is literally so chill like she wouldn't even care about her attitude she'd just be like 'youre being negative come smell some incense with me~

--------------------

i could've been a princess
you'd be my king. but no, you let me go.
Once upon a time, we burned bright. Now, all we ever seem to do is fight, On and on. Once upon a time, on the same side, the same game. And why'd you have to go and throw it all on my fame? I could've been a Princess, You'd be my King. Could've had a castle, and worn a ring. But no, you let me go. once upon a time.

PM EMAIL
^
Dorcas Meadowes
 Posted: Jul 26 2014, 05:24 PM
Quote Post

Order of the Phoenix
20 YEARS OLD
1976 graduate
70 GALLEONS
163 POSTS
N/A

stealing arti's code again lmao

ludo & nancy a lot of shit's gone down in ludo's life this year that's kinda messed him up a bit, but BEFORE the shit hit the fan, i think he would've just, like, teased her a lot? he wouldn't have meant much by it, he just liked to laugh at things he thinks are funny – he also nicknames, like, everyone, so he defo called her "jinx" and such. are they in the same year? he's a rising seventh year. again, though, a lot of shit's gone down recently so he's kinda... in a much darker place now... for reasons... so. idk. he's also friends with may (i think?) and loves a good party – especially now, haaaa. what say you?

graham & nancy i'm still not sure whether i'm keeping or deleting him, but if i end up keeping him he's gonna ask a BUTTLOAD of questions about the curse. he's a very curious boy hehe

dorcas & nancy not sure of how the timing would work with this one but dorcas graduated from gryffindor in 1976 and is a v friendly person so even though they had a few years between them she might've befriended nancy anyway? at least in part to say "fuck the idea of a curse" lmao

--------------------
(i'm gonna loose this chain) i'm gonna run and run and
PM
^
Nancy Wilson
 Posted: Jul 26 2014, 08:02 PM
Quote Post

Gryffindor
16 YEARS OLD
Sixth Year
20 GALLEONS
10 POSTS
N/A

Ludo and Nancy
Oh, no, poor Ludo. D: I think if it was clear that Ludo's teasing was all in good fun, Nancy wouldn't really care. And she'd probably be super confused when the teasing stopped (which I'm assumed it would, since he's all sad and stuff :c). Do you think they would be friends or are you thinking it would just be a passing comment every once in awhile? If they were friends, I think Nancy would end up being super concerned about him. Oh, and he's one year ahead of her, I think!

Graham and Nancy
Ooh, well, if you do end up keeping him, I think this would be pretty hilarious. xD I don't think she'd have a problem answering the questions. Haha, what kind of questions would he ask?

Dorcas and Nancy
I think the timing would work! Nancy would have been a...fourth year when Dorcas graduated? Maybe Dorcas was like a big sister to Nancy and that's where she got her "I don't care what anybody thinks, I'll do what I want" kind of attitude? xD

Arti's peeps and Nancy
I don't really have anything to add. ^^ Did you want to thread/owl any of them?
PM
^
Sirius Black
 Posted: Jul 27 2014, 02:39 PM
Quote Post

Gryffindor
seventeen YEARS OLD
seventh year
35 GALLEONS
101 POSTS
N/A

stole arti's code oops. i love her, rily!!! ok here i go

sirius & nancy okay so sirius here flirts with every female that breathes, so it wouldn't be a huge assumption to say that he's hit on her once or twice?? he admires her hair tbh and since james has him a ginger sirius figures he should have himself one too u kno. idk. that didn't make sense. BASICALLY he thinks she's a groovy chick.

roxy & nancy redheads should stick together??? no but really they're in the same year, so i imagine they had classes together, and i feel like nancy would be one of the few gryffindors roxy might actually get along with? they've both had some pretty shitty luck, and while roxy isn't /cursed/ she sure feels like it sometimes. idk i feel like these two might get along? roxy would admire how tough she is annnd i dunno i would love to see them interact some time!

--------------------
this is one wicked road
you gonna wait too long to run away tonight
PM
^
Nancy Wilson
 Posted: Jul 27 2014, 03:04 PM
Quote Post

Gryffindor
16 YEARS OLD
Sixth Year
20 GALLEONS
10 POSTS
N/A

Sirius and Nancy
Yes, the flirting most definitely makes sense. xD And Nancy probably would have flirted back because that's just her personality. Do you think they'd be friends or just passing flirt buddies?

Roxy and Nancy
GINGERS UNITE! I glanced over her app and they do seem kind of alike, just Nancy is a bit nicer and more innocent, I guess? Maybe they got partnered up in some class in the past and found they enjoyed each other's company or something?

PM
^
daisy hookum
 Posted: Sep 6 2014, 04:41 PM
Quote Post

Gryffindor
sixteen YEARS OLD
Sixth Year
115 GALLEONS
10 POSTS
N/A

It's just so sad how long it's taken me to get around to your plotter, and I'm sorry! I've been so bad for like, a year now, in replying to people's plotters and the only thing I think I can attribute it to is laziness UGH. Okay, so I don't want to overwhelm you with all my charries because I have too many (I think I have 11?!), so I'm going to tell you my initial thought, and feel free to rp with any of my other charries as well.

Nancy and Daisy: Okay, they have a really unusual connection. Both of their boyfriends were killed last year. Crazy, right? Daisy was with her boyfriend when an F4 tornado hit their town in Nebraska, and he was killed. Daisy lost her sight from broken glass, so it's sadly the last thing she really saw. She tries to appear tougher than she is as well, and they are in the same house and year. It's fate! Daisy started school at Hogwarts in January, so she's only been there for a few months. Since they are in the same year and house, that makes them roommates! Whoo hoo, automatic plottage. While Nancy has really bad luck, up until last summer, Daisy actually had amazing luck. Things always worked out for her, and she was good at everything. She was a super popular, girly girl with smarts at Salem Institute in the United States. She's kind of lost her confidence since then but she tries to keep up appearances, and she often assumes that people only talk to her because they feel sorry for her. I think at first, these two girls probably wouldn't have much to do with each other? But if it somehow came out that Nancy's boyfriend had been killed, Daisy would look at her in a completely different way. They could bond about that. IDK how Nancy would feel about Daisy, but that's how Daisy would feel. Daisy is a flirt too, and she's going to hook up with Sirius this summer. I see in your plotter that Sirius and Nancy flirt, so that could cause a little possible drama as well. Basically though, I feel like these two girls could learn a lot from each other. What do you think?
PM
^
Nancy Wilson
 Posted: Sep 7 2014, 10:21 AM
Quote Post

Gryffindor
16 YEARS OLD
Sixth Year
20 GALLEONS
10 POSTS
N/A

Daisy and Nancy
Poor Daisy, oh my gosh. T__T I think the fact that Nancy's boyfriend was killed is probably a subject of gossip and discussion around the school, so maybe Daisy has heard about what happened by now or will hear about it soon? I don't think Nancy would waste any time in trying to get to know Daisy once she started at Hogwarts because she's just super friendly like that. I think Nancy would appreciate someone that knows and can relate to a little of what she's going through. She hasn't talked too much about her loss and she kind of has just bottled it all up inside. As for the Sirius drama, Nancy's not one to interfere with another lady's man, so she would stop the flirting if Daisy made a comment about it. Do you think she would? If not, Nancy might catch on if she saw them around together or something like that.
PM
^
James Potter
 Posted: Sep 7 2014, 09:20 PM
Quote Post

Gryffindor
sixteen YEARS OLD
seventh year
5 GALLEONS
Rep: 2 pts
724 POSTS

stealing arti's code like a baws.

JAMES & NANCY I am jumping on the plotting bandwagon! And James would tooootally bully Nancy. IDK to what extent, really, but he totes would!

--------------------
When Rome's in ruins, we are the lions free of the coliseums In poison places, we are anti-venom We're the beginning of the end. Tonight the foxes hunt the hounds It's all over now before it has begun We've already won ❞
❝ we are young volcanoes.
PM
^
daisy hookum
 Posted: Sep 11 2014, 01:24 PM
Quote Post

Gryffindor
sixteen YEARS OLD
Sixth Year
115 GALLEONS
10 POSTS
N/A

Daisy and Nancy: Of course! I don't know why I hadn't thought of that. Certainly, since people around school are talking about the new girl, they probably would have wanted to get the dirt on her and found out about her boyfriend. I think Daisy tends to avoid the subject too because it causes a lot of trauma for her, but she's trying to learn to cope with it. I think these are two girls who probably wouldn't have been friends before/otherwise, but after Daisy's accident she's slowly starting to realize there are other great people out there besides her "niche". As for Sirius, hmm I think him and Daisy are just going to have a random hookup in the summer, so nothing serious. Maybe it's more like, if Daisy caught Nancy flirting with Sirius, she would totally tease her about it?
PM
^

Topic Options Reply to this topicNew TopicNEW POLL

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  
Sorry, guests cant view the shoutbox!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]