• welcome
    Welcome to I Solemnly Swear! ISS is an active, literate/advanced Marauders-era roleplay based in the Marauders' sixth year. Please sign up with your character's First and Last name in Titlecase (e.g., Lily Evans).

The beginning of the summer holidays are a much-needed break from the stress of schoolwork, exams, and the like. It has been a difficult year for everyone, what with the dark events happening during term, and the increasing panic and fear outside the school's walls. Now, with a fresh batch of graduates to go face the world, everybody must still be on their guard, because anything might happen, and everyone must be prepared to face it one way or another.

stats
    ROSTER M F
    Gryffindor 7 6
    Hufflepuff 3 6
    Ravenclaw 7 3
    Slytherin 8 5
    Professor 1 5
    Order Member 1 1
    Death Eater 5 1
    Neutral 2 2
    Order Sympathiser 2 3
    D.E. Sympathiser 0 1
    TOTALS 36 33
    credits

skin by darren criss @ atf, caution & shine. toggle cbox by kismet. header code by ring wing..

• member awards

Reply to this topicNew TopicNEW POLL

June '14!, Favourite Charries
Professor Albus Dumbledore
 Posted: Jun 1 2014, 09:25 PM
Quote Post

Admin
infinite YEARS OLD
headmaster
985 GALLEONS
Rep: 0 pts
319 POSTS
N/A

JUNE '14
FAVOURITE GRYFFINDOR
JAMES POTTER & LILY EVANS
I think we can all agree that Skar's James has surpassed any and all expectations we could have had of this major canon. Then again, it's Skar, so what else were we expecting? She takes what we know of him from the books and makes him that much more real. Also he's yummy. And kind of an asshole sometimes, but we all love him for it in a weird (not really) way. He's the prankster, and the dick, and the dork, and whoever he interacts with is bound to be a GOLDEN conversation because he's just that freggin' great. DID I FORGET TO MENTION HE'S HILARIOUS? Like, literally every post, every thread, every note, whatever it is, it's funny as heck, man. I know that if I ever want a laugh, that's a character I gotta follow. And his lovesick puppy silly self around Lily is just... well. Either way, hands down the best Gryffindor this year. CONGRATS SKAR.

LILY WHY WON'T YOU TOUCH MY WILY?!

James really wants to know, gurl. Okay, no, but in all seriousness, I think that I thought I fell in love with Lily the moment I knew her face claim was gonna be Jane. And then Whiskey posted her app and I found out that I had known nothing and this is what falling in love felt like because shiiiiit, son. She is amazing. Perfect. And so in-character but with her own unique twist and I can see James loving her and I can see him wanting a family with her because she is fierce. She is strong. She is a lion and you have to hear her roar. I'm sorry, Whiskey, but you've ruined me for other Lilies. I love how she loves music and I love how she takes no prisoners and I love her PB and I love how you can get inside her head and she is amazing and strict but laid back and smart but not cookie-cutter pristine and just--yeah. Ily. Ilh. Bye.

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
 Posted: Jun 8 2014, 10:39 PM
Quote Post

Admin
infinite YEARS OLD
headmaster
985 GALLEONS
319 POSTS
N/A

JUNE '14
FAVOURITE HUFFLEPUFF
MERTON GRAVES & GEORGIANA FOY
I could write sonnets about Merton Graves and Tori knows it. From the moment she wrote his app, I just knew he was going to be one of those characters that just tugs at your heartstrings in every which way and makes falling in love with him as easy as breathing. Merton is sweet and kind and genuine and the best friend anyone could ever ask for. He's unique in his own way and he has his skeletons but he dives through every day with a strong attitude and a self-confident manner that he's not always aware of but it's obvious to anyone surrounding him. He's kind of a dork and really sensitive and just an all-around great guy. Not to mention how absolutely ridiculously pretty Harry Styles in, and what a perfect pick of a face claim for him. Tori, I just--I have no words, honestly. Bravo, for creating one of the absolute greatest characters I've ever encountered in my life.

PULLING OFF SANSA STARK IS NO EASY FEAT. But then again, we're talking about Fief here, so if there is anybody who can do that, it would be her. We know Fief likes to rearrange her lineup as often as we change socks, but you know what? It works. Because she brings variety to the site and her charries breathe new air and SANSA STARK, PEOPLE. Gigi has become sort of a staple here at ISS. So soon, I know, but Fief has thrown her into plots and threads with unequaled fervor and she already feels part of the old crew. Her sobriety and earnestness are good conversation strikers if it comes to plots and Fief's willingness to put her through hell and back just make her so, so easy to plot into bigger plots or just have something for funsies. So yay, Gigi!

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
 Posted: Jun 16 2014, 10:08 AM
Quote Post

Admin
infinite YEARS OLD
headmaster
985 GALLEONS
319 POSTS
N/A

JUNE '14
FAVOURITE RAVENCLAW
ORSINO THRUSTON & MADELEINE CASTRO
I HAVE TO SAY IT OKAY: I'm not a fan of 1D. I'm sorry, I just am not. However, the PB has nothing to do with Ory himself. You know a charrie is good when he or she makes you forget any previous conceptions you might've had about his or her FC and you just roll with it. You find yourself falling in love with the character and all the quirks he possesses and you forget that you don't like 1D and you suddenly like Ory for being...well, Ory! And Kel has that magic. She's done it before and she's done it again and I can't help but be super proud of her for that because dudes, not everybody can accomplish that. And Ory is so loveable and relateable and THE CUTEST EVER OMFG. I wanna squish him. He is growing and Kel is telling us his story one thread at a time and there's always something new to enjoy from him. So I'm not surprised he's wormed his way into our hearts. Congrats!

HOW DO I EVEN BEGIN TO EXPLAIN MADELEINE CASTRO.

No, seriously, how? I swear the moment Skar popped out this little brain bb, I just knew she was going to be one of those golden characters on ISS that everyone knows and loves for one reason or another and... well, I was right. Though she started out as that 'antisocial American who hated people' she eventually became one of the most talked about girls at Hogwarts (no thanks to two of my own charries, oops) and has now become one of Hogwarts' favourite girls, as is obvious by this award. Mads has so many layers. So many. She's complicated and stubborn and really proud and she's observant and kind and such a girl sometimes but she stands up for what she believes in and she's quirky and smart and Nic is probably taking over some of this but in all honesty, wow, Skar. What a character! I honestly can't wait to see what more you have in store for her, because it's bound to be something absolutely enthralling.

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^
 Posted: Jun 23 2014, 11:21 AM
Quote Post

Admin
infinite YEARS OLD
headmaster
985 GALLEONS
319 POSTS
N/A

JUNE '14
FAVOURITE SLYTHERIN
LUCIUS MALFOY & NICHOLAS MACDOUGAL & ROXANNE REID
Okay, but look at Malfoy's cheekbones. How could we not vote for him?? ONE LOOK. THAT'S ALL IT TAKES. It also helps bunches that Nova is great at writing him and he's one of the most Slytherins to ever slyther, if you know what I mean. It's been a while since we've had a Malfoy and Nova taking him was the best surprise. Not only that, but she's constantly getting him in threads and his vanity combined with his rudeness but charm (when he wants to) is just an excellent combination. I can't wait to see what happens next with him and I WANT ALL THE THREADS. Also, Cissa loathes him which just means there's a promising future there and canon is always such a hard thing to try and pull off but Nova is excellent at it and she makes it look so easy. Lucius is the perfect example.

NICHOLAS MACDOUGAL, YOU ARE AN ASSHOLE. There. Had to say it. That being stated, I also have to say that Nic is the kind of guy you meet and instantly crush on. He's smooth and knows how to suck up to you and he makes sure he leaves an impression. Nobody can blame anybody for falling for that. I mean, I did. Seriously. And the poodle hair and the kicked!puppy face are just bonuses. Nic is malleable and that opens up awesome opportunities for plottage and he feels so intensely you empathize with him, even when he's WRONG, YOU SUCKER. Um. Yeah. Sorry. Uh. Cheers, Arti! You've made Madeleine Castro cry and he's got so many notches on his bedpost, but he's so much more than that and Arti characterizes him with an understand I can only hope to achieve for my characters. Threading with him is a joy and I hope I can do it 5ever. Bye.

Raise your hand if you're surprised that Roxanne Reid is Slytherin's favourite girl? I THOUGHT SO. She's just. So not your typical Slytherin and yet, perfectly so at the same time?? Well, she's one of Jooj's characters, so she was BOUND to be brilliant from the get-go. Roxy is blunt and a little stuck-up but she's true to herself and a great friend. She's sexy and she knows it and ugh, what an empowered girl, I just cannot okay. Her friendship with Graham is adorable and it's no wonder that she captivates anyone who looks her way. She has so many sides to her but that's what people are like and Jooj conveys that wonderfully. So, congrats on the award, bb! You deserve it!

--------------------
user posted image
PM EMAIL
^

Topic Options Reply to this topicNew TopicNEW POLL

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  
Sorry, guests cant view the shoutbox!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]